May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snow Day Conflict

Snow, wind, and much colder temperatures are headed our way.  If AccuWeather.com is correct, there's a chance schools will be closed tomorrow.  Given my current situation, I'm torn between wanting a Snow Day and hoping it doesn't happen.

I'll be spending tonight at the hotel, again, because half the house is now without water.  That means, either daddy has to bring Jonah to the Marriott in the morning, or I have to pick him up. Since the Marriott is out of daddy's way, and I absolutely hate driving in snow and ice, a Snow Day would be extremely helpful.

However, I don't want bad weather slowing progress with the sewer pipe repair.  By the end of today, all the excavation will be completed, leaving tomorrow for new pipe installation as long as snow doesn't get in the way.  Then, if all continues as planned, the trenches will be back filled on Friday and concrete poured on Saturday.  I could then put the playroom back together on Tuesday, in plenty of time for Jonah's return to grandma's on Thursday.  (I'm not watching Jonah Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week due to the holiday.)

But there's no point in fretting.  I'll just have to wait and accept what tomorrow brings.

No comments: