May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet Freedom

This morning, Emily enrolled Jonah in a daycare for two days a week during the school year.  That means I will be watching Jonah only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and will now have Mondays and Wednesdays to myself.  I'm absolutely giddy knowing I will no longer have to run errands, clean house, and take care of the company books on weekends.  I'll still need to get Elliott to and from school everyday, but he's enrolled in full-day Kindergarten.

The Jorgensens and I toured Brilliant Beginnings yesterday afternoon.  It's a daycare/preschool in the same complex as our office.  I immediately saw how their large play rooms are perfect for toddlers.  Without hesitation, Jonah began exploring, playing, and enjoying the toddler-sized furniture.  By the time we got to the third room, which was the tumbling area, Mike and Emily were comfortable leaving Jonah while we toured the rest of the facility.

I was the only one anxious because I'm still learning how different Jonah is from his brother.  If we would have left Elliott at 16 months, he possibly would have been traumatized for life.  Jonah isn't nearly as sensitive.  He's more a go-with-the-flow always-smiling boy.  I just wish he would stop long enough to give cuddles sometimes.  But I have no doubt that he'll eventually learn that hugs and kisses for grandma go a long way.

No comments: