May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Somethings Never Change

In late winter, I always think about planting more annuals in the spring, which never happens.  I just run out of energy and enthusiasm after the post-winter yard cleanup.  Then mid summer, I think about returning to an old hobby, counted cross stitch, drawn by the fall and Christmas patterns.  Sadly, however, even if I get as far as pulling out my stitching kits, they are quickly abandoned for other interests such as paper crafting, web researching, reading, and cooking.

There just never is enough time for all of my interests.  I used to think there would be when my children were grown and on their own.  But no one warned me about taking care of aging parents or enjoying grandchildren.  And, at the time, no one knew about a world wide web or how enticing it would be.

I now believe, for me, there will never be enough time, so it will always be a matter of choice.  And since it's that time of year, again, sometime this week I'll probably choose to pull out my stitching kits.  Oh well, at least it's nice to know that somethings never change.

No comments: