May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Itching to Craft

Just as I'm beginning to revisit an old hobby, counted cross stitch, my Martha Stewart Halloween punches arrive in the mail.  I'm on the seasonal auto-ship plan, so I had forgotten they were due.  Then, beginning at 11:00 P.M. Central Time yesterday, one of the home-shopping channels started a 24-hour crafting event.  As a result, once again, counted cross stitch is quickly being abandoned.

I'm now itching to spend hours paper-crafting.  Unfortunately, I'll have to wait. The hobby room is directly across the hall from the bathroom that's being redone.  For days, carpenters, tilers, electricians, and plumbers have been traipsing back and froth from the front door to the bathroom.  There's more than enough traffic in that area of the house without me adding to it.  Plus, a lot of supplies for the remodel are being stored in the hobby room, making it a big mess.

But there's crafting time in my future.  Since this school year I will not be watching Jonah on Mondays and Wednesdays, I should be able to craft at least one morning a week.  That's not nearly enough time for all I want to do, but it's more than I had last year so I'm very excited!

No comments: