May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bathroom Remodel In Progress

Demo began yesterday on the hall bathroom.  I'm happy to say that this project won't be nearly as disruptive as last year's.  In March 2010, we remodeled the master bathroom, which includes Jim's walk-in closet.  For weeks, all of his clothes were in boxes and on portable clothes racks stored in my hobby room. Needless to say, we were both extremely happy when things got back to normal.

As silly as it sounds, this time around I'm most excited about the new toilet.  It's a bone color that matches the new bathtub.  But that's not what makes it so awesome. It bolts to the floor from the back.  So no more side bolts with covers that I absolutely hate to clean.  Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of this option when we reused the old toilet in the master bathroom.  Now I'm thinking that one needs to be replaced also.

My primary goal for every home improvement project is to achieve lower maintenance.  And that includes the accessories.  I want to be able to clean any room in my house in 15 minutes or less.  Life is too short and I have too many other things I'd much rather do.

No comments: