May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Afternoon of Legos

Elliott is due to arrive soon for a sleep-over. We're going to spend the afternoon building the Diagon Alley Lego set and, tonight, we'll watch Harry Potter movies.  I'm really looking forward to time alone with Elliott.  And, to be honest, I'm grateful for an excuse to play Legos.  I'm becoming a little addicted.  The only problem is I never want to break them down once they're built!

I recently bought  the Lego Harry Potter book. It's a chronology of all the Harry Potter Lego sets ever made.  Now I wish I would have bought every set as it was released.  One of the biggest Lego frustrations is that the only way to get many of the minifigures is to buy specific sets.  And since the older sets are no longer being made, recent fans are out of luck.  Of course, an older set can sometimes be found on Amazon or Ebay, but it's never less than several hundred dollars.

My advise is, if you ever find a Harry Potter Lego set at a garage sale or flea market, or on clearance, grab it.  I guarantee it'll be one of the best investments you ever make.

No comments: