May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

User ID and Password Frustration

Some days I just want to scream when asked for a User ID and Password.  It's impossible to stick with just one combination.  Either a site wants a a specific code, a certain amount of letters and/or numbers; or there's been suspicious activity, which means a completely new combination has to be created; or my User ID of choice has already been taken.  The more I use the Internet, the more frustrating this issue gets.

The irony is that User IDs and Passwords aren't even fail safe.  I had my ebay account hacked so often that I closed my auction business.  My ATM card's Password has been stolen twice and I don't even use it online.  And, recently, I had to change the password to mom's checking account due to suspicious activity.

I look forward to the day when User IDs and Passwords are replaced with voice or thumbprint reconnection.  Until then, a tracking app would be great.  Does anyone know of such a thing?

No comments: