May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time to Be Grateful

I'm extremely grateful for the weather we've been having lately.  I hate running the air conditioner while getting work done in the house.  Yesterday the carpentry work began on the two spare bedrooms and the front door was opened and closed continuously all day.  I expect the same activity today.  So the air conditioner is off, but it's still comfortable due to mild temperatures.  We've also been getting some gentle rain, giving us a break from watering plants every day.

In addition to the current weather, I'm also grateful that the cicadas are finally gone. There are still a few, but nothing like we've had for weeks.  Seriously, the noise was deafening! Jim pointed out that we'll be 73 when the next major cicada infestation occurs, which also means Elliott will be graduating high school.  But as daunting as that sounds, it will still be too soon for me!

No comments: