May 2018

May 2018

Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Daniel!

Today my oldest child and only son is 36 years old.  He's happily married to a South Korean and living in her country. At 36, I had a 12-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter, and was a stay-at-home mom.  (A year later, we bought the family business, which put me back into the work force.)

When I was 36, I never dreamed I would eventually travel to England, Scotland, Amsterdam, France, and South Korea.  Daniel's already been to all those countries and many more.  If my memory's correct, it was my 36 year when Jim's mom treated all of the family to a Hawaiian cruise.  At the time, it was the furthest any of us had ever traveled.  Daniel's celebrating his 36 birthday in Japan.

Clearly, my son's life is nothing like mine was at the same age.  In fact, Daniel's living a life unique from anyone else on my side of the family or Jim's.  And it doesn't surprise anyone.  Happy birthday, Daniel, and continue staying true to the "beat of your own drum!"

No comments: