May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Controversial Miniseries

Last night, using Roku, I accessed my Netflix Instant Watch account and found the controversial miniseries, The Kennedys.  I became interested in the series during production after seeing pictures of Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes as President and Jackie Kennedy.  The make-up and costume artists did an amazing job!

I was really looking forward to the series but, in January, History announced they had dropped it.  The reason given was they no longer found The Kennedys a good fit for History viewers.  If you do a search, however, you'll find many theories as to the real reason it was dropped.

But after watching four episodes, I would agree that it's not a good fit.  The series is less about history and more about family drama.  Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll watch the entire series.  For me, the family drama makes the history lesson less boring and more entertaining.

No comments: