May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six Pounds Down

I'm now just two pounds away from reaching my goal weight by Memorial Day.  I have 16 more days, but this is the toughest stretch for several reasons.

First, my weight regularly fluctuates within a 2-3 pound range, depending on salt, fiber, and calorie intake.  So tomorrow I could be two pounds heavier or lighter.  Second, it's now clear that some pieces in my wardrobe will no longer fit even if I'm the same weight as when I bought them.  For most women my age, there's simply no avoiding the thickening of the mid section.  I hate shape wear, so my solution is knit bottoms with forgiving waistbands.  Third, I'm not motivated to alter my diet any further.  Until my doctor says I have to give up salt, fat, or sugar, I'm sticking with the "everything in moderation" plan.

I lost six pounds over the last couple of months mainly by further reducing portion sizes. I've also been more active with several Jillian Michaels' workouts per week as well as yard and garden work.  I'll do more of the same for the next two weeks.  In the summer, I plan to add another workout each week.  But, whether or not I lose two more pounds by Memorial Day, I'm happy with how well my weight-loss plan is working.

No comments: