May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Have Children Won't Shop

My plan for today was to work on the company books, run several errands, grocery shop, and finish mulching and vacuuming.  It's mid-afternoon and I'm now thinking that plan was a bit too ambitious.

I did complete the bookkeeping and hit two grocery stores.  I also ran through two banks, bought stamps at the post office, and shopped at four stores.  I had hoped to get to two more stores, but "ran out of steam."  After my break, I'll now be happy to just get the groceries put away and finish the vacuuming.  The mulching will have to wait.

It'll be nice this summer to not feel as if I have to get so much done on the weekends.  I suppose I could run errands with Jonah, but it would be so much more work.  I hate the car seat because lifting Jonah in and out is such a workout.  And then there's the chore of hoisting 28 pounds into a shopping cart.  Plus there's always the fear of a tantrum at any moment.  No, at nearly 60 years old, one of my mottos is -- Have Children Won't Shop.

No comments: