May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finally Able To Vent

Jim turns 60 on May 4.  Since that's a weekday this year, we celebrated today with lunch at Chevy's.  It's one of Jim's preferred restaurants and a fun place for a party.  (Sadly, however, today's experience and service was not up to par.)  The guest list was intimate, the four Jorgensens and my dad, which is just the way we like it.  And now I can finally vent!

I wanted to do something special for Jim's birthday this year without spending too much money.  Since he's a Cardinals fan, I decided to purchase Inclusive Tickets to a game for us and Mike and Emily.  Inclusive Tickets include a buffet and bar in addition to reserved seats.  There are several options.  I chose the Champion Club for Memorial Day.  The Champion Club includes a large indoor room with comfy seats and several big-screen televisions, a full-service bar, a food buffet offering a large selection, and good outdoor seating.  Each ticket cost me $130.  But to get a decent seat, and also purchase several food and drink items, a person unfortunately could easily spend close to $100.  So an Inclusive Ticket can be a good option, and even better if the price drops to $85, which is exactly what happened a week after I made my purchase!

The Cardinals are doing what they call Dynamic Pricing this year.  That means different deals are offered frequently, but they're only good for a short period of time.  You have to react quickly.  When I got the email about the drop in price for the tickets I had just purchased, I was immediately angry.  But then I thought surely there weren't seats still available for Memorial Day.  Wrong!  I could have saved $180 if I had waited just one week! I did call the box office to see if anything could be done.  I got a rep who was clearly reading from a script.  However, he did finally admit that they had received a lot of calls from unhappy fans.

I've had the tickets for over a month now.  That's given me time to somewhat "get over it." By Memorial Day, I'm sure I'll just be ready for a fun day at the ball park.  But right now I am still one annoyed fan!

No comments: