May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Yucky" Spring

I noticed a bit of yellow dust on the patio furniture Monday.  Then, yesterday, when I got to my car I found it covered with pollen.  Yep, it's officially the beginning of "yucky" spring.

In Missouri, we only have a couple weeks of "refreshing" spring.  That's when the temperatures are warm, but not hot, and bulbs bloom as well as forsythia bushes, and red bud and dogwood trees.  Then, all at once, the trees begin bursting and spewing seeds and pollen and spring is no longer as much fun.  The worst part is knowing that, once "yucky" spring is over, most of our days for the next 5-6 months will be hot and humid.

I know I would miss not having four seasons if I lived anywhere else in the United States.  But I do wish the midwest seasons were more equal in length, especially the fun parts!


*1 Grandma Day until Easter Break*

**25 Grandma Days until End of School Year**

No comments: