May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Emotional Eater

Yesterday afternoon I experienced a whirlwind of emotions.  It began with a call from our accountant. We're due a hefty tax refund and, even better, will not have to pay estimated taxes this year.  After paying off our mortgage last year, we now plan to save, save, save for retirement.  Yesterday's news will give that goal a nice boost.

Almost immediately after the accountant's call, I heard from Bethesda.  Mom can no longer stand, so is either in bed or a wheelchair.  Plans are in motion to move her to another area of the home where she can get the attention she now needs.  I don't believe mom feels any pain.  On Saturday, she rolled out of bed and broke her nose. She has no memory of it and doesn't complain about the huge lump on her face. No, at this point the victim is dad.  He is not taking mom's current rapid decline well at all.  For the last couple of weeks, whenever we talk on the phone, he breaks down. Unfortunately, we most likely have many more weeks to endure.  It's a difficult time.

And then I got an email from Emily.  Elliott got into full-time Kindergarten at Westridge, which is near our house.  We had hoped that Elliott could then take the bus from and to grandma's house.  However, we now realize that can't happen since Rockwood no longer provides bus service to students living within a one-mile radius.  That means I'll be providing transportation while, hopefully, not interrupting Jonah's nap.  Next school year should be interesting.

I did learn something about myself through yesterday's highs and lows.  As my emotions were bouncing around, I kept wanting to dig into the chocolate Easter eggs!  So I guess I'm an emotional eater.  However, I'm obviously able to control it, to some degree, because I've never been extremely overweight.  It's an interesting realization and odd that I never saw it before.


*7 Grandma Days until Easter Break*

**31 Grandma Days until End of School Year**

No comments: