May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Fun Distraction

Thirty years ago, I had a six-year-old son and an almost three-year-old daughter when Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married.  Nevertheless, I remember getting up early in the morning to watch the wedding live.  And, most of that day, I was glued to the television, not wanting to miss a thing.

Although I'm 30 years older and now have two grandsons, five and one, I'm almost just as excited about Prince Williams wedding.  The big difference, however, is that I will probably not be getting up at 5:00 A.M.  Instead, I now have the convenience of recording the ceremony and festivities, and watching at my leisure.

Part of the fun for me, this time around, will be seeing places I've visited.  Thirty years ago, I never dreamt that I would some day see London and many other areas of England.  Jim and I have been to England and London twice now.  And both visits included a walk around Buckingham Palace and a tour of Westminster Abbey.

We all know now that Prince Charles and Princess Diana's marriage was far from a fairy tale.  But I'm optimistic about William and Catherine's future.  As all parents hope, William appears to have learned valuable lessons from his parents' mistakes.  Whether true or not, and despite the world's economic woes, I'm looking forward to the fun distraction of a Royal Wedding.


*3 Grandma Days until Easter Break*

**27 Grandma Days until End of School Year**

No comments: