May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bye-Bye Mickey!

Jonah's first birthday had a Mickey Mouse theme.  And since Jonah loves music, I thought Dancing Mickey would be the perfect gift. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

The first Mickey I bought from Amazon.com. The sound test worked fine.  But when we gave it to Jonah for the full presentation, Mickey's left arm wouldn't move.  It just hung as if Mickey had had a stroke!

After returning doll number one, I purchased a new Mickey from Target.  Again, the sound test worked fine, so I took it out of the box yesterday.  Both arms work, but the only thing Mickey will say, in his squeaky voice, is "Can I get some help?"  Well, apparently, I can't give Mickey the help he needs.  And I doubt a one-year-old will do any better.  So, it's bye-bye to another Dancing Mickey.

After two malfunctioning dolls, I've now given up on Dancing Mickey.  It's turned out that the talking Leap Frog I gave Jonah after spring break was his birthday gift.  Leap Frog was in my gift closet many years and is no longer in production.  It sings, tells stories, and teaches numbers and the alphabet.  Jonah seems to enjoy it.   I think they'll be friends for many years.


*11 Grandma Days until Easter Break*

**35 Grandma Days until End of School Year**

No comments: