May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Food Bargains

My errands today included a trip to Schnucks.  It was the last day for their split chicken breast sale, which normally sells for around $2.50 a pound.  The sale price was $0.99 a pound!

Any time I find split chicken breast on sale, I stock up.  I cook at least one package every week, using Ina Garten's recipe.  It's so simple and the chicken is super moist. I use the meat for soups, pasta dishes, sandwiches, or just to eat as is.  And the skin and bones make perfect chicken stock.

After hitting the meat aisle, I shopped for popcorn.  I was thrilled to find Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet White Popcorn on sale!  It's our favorite popping corn and rarely discounted.

Next I headed to the cereal aisle.  A bowl of Multi-Grain Cheerios is a fast low-calorie breakfast that tastes good.  One cup plus a half cup of skim milk and a half cup of berries is just 210 calories.  Staying on my diet, I was prepared to pay close to $4.00 a box.  Instead, it was on sale for just $2.50 a box!

All in all, it was a very successful trip :-)


*4 Grandma Days until Spring Break!*

No comments: