May 2018

May 2018

Monday, March 14, 2011

Digital Magazine Magic

I made the mistake of drinking coffee after 5:30 P.M. yesterday.  I believe I was functioning on old time, feeling it was only 4:30 P.M. and ignoring the reset clock. As a result, I got little sleep last night.  Around 1:00 A.M., I grabbed my iPad and began to play.  I decided to check out the digital magazine that came with my free Martha Stewart Living app.  At the risk of sounding old, I was blown away!

The virtual experience begins with the full-screen image of a peony on the cover.  When clicked, it's a time-lapse video of a single pink bud unfolding to it's full beauty. Amazing! The magic continues with the peony story inside the magazine.  There's text, of course, but also an audio of Martha explaining how her peony garden came about.  But what really took my breath away was the panoramic view of the garden I got by gliding the full-screen image side to side.

With my Martha Stewart Living app, I can now purchase future digital issues for $3.99 each. I'm certain a digital subscription isn't far behind.

I'm a bit of a magazine addict.  Unfortunately, with all that's been going on, I'm currently at least three months behind in my reading.  That means I have a tall stack taunting me daily. I need to seriously move into digital subscriptions.

Plus I would then have more room in my suitcase.  I used to always travel with magazines because I could toss them when I was finished, lightening my load.  Now I can go green and just carry my iPad and its charger.

I do feel badly for the printers, however.  They're just another industry on the verge of becoming obsolete.


*3 Grandma Days until Spring Break!*

No comments: