May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Remembering Paris

Three years ago today, Jim and I flew to Paris.  We spent a week in the City of Lights to celebrate 35 years of marriage.  It was amazing.

Paris is a beautiful city that's perfect for walking.  That is if you don't have feet issues.  I had no idea how destroyed my right toe is until that trip.  We pounded the pavement every day and I was nearly in tears every evening.  I was so afraid that the only thing I would remember about Paris was the pain.  Fortunately, that didn't happen.

The temperatures were near 50 degrees the entire week with a good deal of sun.  That's almost unheard of for Paris winters.  We stayed at the Hotel de Vendome, which is in a prime location near Ritz Paris.  Our suite included a large sitting area, king-size bed, and big bathroom.  An advantage of winter travel is the greatly reduced rate at high-end hotels.


My favorite Paris memories are the lunches we had at the Royal Madeleine and Nicholas Flamel.  Each meal cost us over $100, but they were so worth it. We had wine, starters, entrees, coffee, and dessert. If we ever return to Paris, I will budget for more authentic French meals.  I now believe the only way to truly experience a different culture is to eat what and where the locals eat.

Merci pour les souvenirs Paris!


(Day 22 of 30-Day Shred:  Getting deeper into the squats and my tush is feeling it!)

No comments: