May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Half Way Through 30-Day Shred

I have now completed half of the 30-Day Shred.  I'm very proud of myself.  It's not that I hate working out.  The problem is finding time everyday, preferably before noon.  Weekends are the hardest, especially Sundays.

There is definitely an improvement in my endurance.  And I no longer feel sore.  In fact, I'm finding that the knee pain I've felt for several years as I go down stairs is nearly gone. Perhaps the muscles surrounding my knees are stronger?

I haven't lost any weight.  But, to be honest, I haven't been counting calories.  Once the basement is back together after the foundation fix, I plan to add some time on the stationary bike.  Nevertheless, I know I need to cut calories if I want to lose 5-8 pounds by Memorial Day weekend.

Today I reviewed Level 2.  I was disappointed to find that I can't do 80 percent of the moves.  Who would have thought that the inability to bend a right large toe where it connects to the foot would be so limiting?  I'm doing my best to avoid surgery, which means not even trying to bend that toe.

Eventually, however, I might be able to incorporate some Level 2 moves into Level 1.  In the meantime, I upped the intensity today by trading my one-pound hand weights for three-pound ones.  Looking back to how I felt after the first day, that's an amazing accomplishment.

No comments: