May 2018

May 2018

Monday, February 21, 2011

February Me Day

Jim worked from home today while supervising the foundation work.  That allowed me to leave the house and have a fun Me Day.

I started the day with my annual mammogram.  OK, that wasn't fun, but I was in and out in under 30 minutes.  It's so refreshing to experience a well-organized healthcare facility.  And one that makes the patient feel extremely comfortable.

Next stop was Kohl's where I shopped just for me.  Usually at Kohl's I mainly look for bargains in the children's cloths and toy sections.  But today I stayed in women's cloths and jewelry.  I found four tops on sale that will transition easily into spring and summer.  Plus I got three necklaces from the clearance rack which were 80 percent off.  I used my $10 Kohl's Cash and 15 percent coupon.  I honestly don't know how Kohl's stays in business!

Then it was time for lunch.  But before I picked up Jim, I got a nice surprise.  Since it was raining, I pulled out a coat I haven't worn in awhile.  When one of the buttons fell off after leaving Kohl's, I stuck it in the right pocket.  And that's where I found my favorite earrings!   They've been missing for at least a year.  I used to wear them nearly everyday.  They're small sterling-silver elongated beads on shepherd's hooks.  I've looked and looked trying to replace them, but no luck.  I'm just so happy I finally found them.

For lunch we had a calorie splurge.  Candicci's is a little Italian restaurant just down the road from us.  Everything we've ever had there is delicious.  Today I got noodles with tomato meat sauce and a large meatball.  After their yummy salad and bread, I ended up taking most of my meal home.  In fact, there was so much sauce left over that I plan to add more noodles and some broccoli for a dinner later this week.

After lunch I headed to the spa.  I finally used the gift certificate Jim gave me for my birthday back in October.  I had such an indulgent facial that I scheduled another one for spring break next month.  A monthly Me Day?  Sounds like a plan!


(Day 28 of 30-Day Shred:  Added 20 more jumping jacks.)

No comments: