May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Children Grow Like Weeds

Tonight Jim and I will watch Elliott and Jonah so Mike and Emily can go to the kindergarten meeting. Elliott will be five years old next month and in kindergarten next year.

I've been through the experience of children growing in front of me, but it's different with grandchildren.  This time around I'm much more aware of how quickly humans grow and mature.  I think it's because I'm less distracted.  While raising our own children, we struggled to pay bills, stressed about keeping our family happy and healthy, and were anxious about the future.  Although all those concerns still exist, we are now more realistic about them. We've learned not to fret and obsess, which leaves more time for observing and enjoying.

Nevertheless, milestones still seem to come too quickly.  And children still seem to grow like weeds.

No comments: