May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Harry Potter is #1!

It seems to have happened in a flash and much sooner than I expected. But sometime within the last 3-4 months, Elliott has come to love Harry Potter. So much so that Star Wars has moved to second place on his favorites list!

I've been a Harry Potter fan since the third book was released. After reading the first three books in two weeks, I started collecting whatever memorabilia I could afford and get my hands on. Then after my first grandson was born, I began to look forward to the day I could share my collection with him. But I certainly didn't expect it to be just four years later!

Of course, since Elliott's so young, he's only seen the first two movies of which we fast-forwarded through all the scary scenes. Mostly I have Lego and Wii to thank. Elliott enjoys both and the Harry Potter sets and games are so well done. It's easy to see how they would grab the interest of a bright four-year-old.

But it's only been within the last couple of weeks that we understood the intensity of Elliott's interest. Thank goodness for Amazon. Late last week I ordered Lego Harry Potter Wii and a Hogwarts robe. Then tonight Jim and I went to Hobby Lobby to get a small trunk as a gift box. We did our best to find one similar, albeit much smaller, to the one in the movie. I've never shopped this close to Christmas, but I don't really mind. I just can't wait to see Elliott's face on Christmas Eve.

No comments: