May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day of Errands

After working on the company books for several hours this morning, it was time to run errands.  I really hate Saturday foot traffic, but since Grandma Daycare is back in session I feel it's my only option.

After hitting two banks and OfficeMax for toner, it was time to brave the post office.  To my surprise, there was little-to-no waiting.  I was even more pleased to learn that the cost to ship my holiday package to South Korea was less than $50.  I know that's still a lot of money, but my average is $60.  I would love to send packages to Daniel and Zuae more often, but I just can't stand that shipping fee.

I then managed lunch with hubby at The Corner Pub.  Jim works every Saturday, so this seldom happens.  But today we both had a break in our schedules at the same time.  It was especially nice since we won't be having dinner together.  Papa will be watching Jonah while Emily and Mike take Elliott to the zoo for the holiday light display.

Next I hit Trader Joe's.  This time of year they have a better-than-average frozen creme brulee presented in a solid chocolate bowl.  It reminds me of the desert we had at Nicholas Flamel in Paris.  Jim and I decided it would work perfectly for the staff holiday lunch.  I love to cook, but this year's lunch will include a couple of store-bought dishes. With Jonah, I need some help.

My next stop was Kohl's to finish Jonah's Christmas gift list and hopefully find oven-safe bowls for pot pies.  We're hosting Christmas Eve lunch and dinner.  Lunch will be Ina Garten's Chicken Pot Pie.  Since Kohl's didn't have the bowls I needed, I tried K-Mart.  No luck.  After some online searching, I'm now off to Target with my fingers crossed.

No comments: