May 2018

May 2018

Monday, July 16, 2018

Updates

Wow! It's been a long time without any blog posts. I'm fine, just busy and enjoying new interests.

I'm very active on Instagram these days. I found a lovely group of like-minded ladies and we enjoy supporting one another as we manage our homes using the Flylady method. My Instagram account is @diannegerken if you want to check it out.

Between Southwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, and Hampton Inn points and affordable promotions, we have five domestic trips planned between now and the end of January. First up is our annual trip to Sanibel Island with my daughter's family, so that includes my two grandsons. That trip's fast approaching and we're all looking forward to it. This will be our tenth year.

The last of the five trips is my second visit to Universal Studios World of Harry Potter. My first time was when we gifted the trip to my now 12-year-old grandson for his last single-digit birthday. Now it's Jonah's turn. He turns nine in March 2019. Again, it will be me, my daughter, and one grandson. But this visit we will also be celebrating my daughter's 40 birthday.

Yesterday, Jonah got his Hogwart's letter with all the trip details. I love that I found the Hogwarts stationery years ago at a garage sale. The wand and owl are recent thrift finds.


Regular thrifting is a new interest. I've been doing some home redecorating and have been able to score amazing deals at Savers. I go on Tuesdays when seniors get 30% off their entire purchase. My main goal was to find better wall art, pieces professionally matted and often signed by the artist. I've been very successful and will share more in another post.

Before I sign out, I want to shared this picture of my granddaughter who lives several states away. Reya turned two last Saturday and we miss her terribly. Our October and December trips include travel to the east coast to give her lots of hugs and kisses!


That's a bit of an update. I'll work harder at posting more often. However, my next post probably won't be until August, after we return from Florida. Happy summer!

No comments: