May 2018

May 2018

Monday, May 7, 2018

Birthday Getaway

We celebrated hubby's 67 birthday with a long weekend in Branson, MO. Click here for all the info and images.

This birthday takes us closer to hubby's retirement in January 2019. In recent months, we've been planning and dreaming of how our lives will be when we're both retired. (I retired five years ago.) Of course, everything depends on our health.

So far things look good. Hubby's prostrate cancer continues to be extremely slow growing, and my heart issues don't need immediate intervention. So we just keep moving as best we can, which is better than a lot of people we know our age. Hubby walks and runs regularly, and I do weight lifting and aerobics at the gym three times a week.

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted. I spent a lot of April purging and cleaning. But one fun event was my second grandson's First Communion. So I'll close with this image of that especially blessed day.

Jonah's First Communion Day

2 comments:

Rita said...

Sweet pic of communion with Grandma and Grandpa!!

It looks just so lush and pretty there. Happy birthday to the hubby!! I just had my 67th in March! Remember when we thought that was ancient? LOL! ;)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I was 14 when I had my first communion.
It is hard to know how we will deal with retirement, Tim is looking forward to it even though it is still 10yrs away