May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Not New Year Resolutions

To me new year resolutions are the introduction of new and improved habits. With that in mind, what I'm planning to start the first week of the new year are not resolutions. Instead, they'll be a welcome return of good habits established in the old year.

Since Thanksgiving I've been indulging in sugary treats daily. It's been fun, but I'm beginning to feel overdosed. Yet, even though I'm not getting the same pleasure from a piece of candy or cookie, I can't seem to stop. My goal is to rid the house of all sweet treats by the end of next week.

Lately I've also not been deligent about my daily water intake. I'm still drinking more than I did a year ago, just not as much as I was last summer and early fall. My goal is to start drinking an additional glass of water every time I feel the need for a sugary treat after all the candy and cookies are out of the house.

I'm also looking forward to getting back to a low-carb high-protein diet, which I started last fall. That means I somehow need to get motivated again to cook more vegetables and prepare a bigger variety of proteins. Within the next couple of weeks, my goal is to clean out the refrigerator and pantry; pull favorite recipes that fit our diet; check my inventory for ingredients; and then shop for what I need. Hopefully all of that will motivate me to get back to consistently preparing healthier meals.

In mid January hubby and I, along with my daughter's family, will be visiting my son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter in New Jersey. My goal is to be well back to eating healthier and staying hydrated by the time we board the plane.

Now that I've written it all down, I know I can do it. If nothing else, I love a good plan :)


1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, you will just be getting back on track and doing what you were doing so well. The holidays are a time to loosen the rules a bit, but now the new year is coming. Sounds like a great plan to me! :) :)