May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hacksaw Ridge

As a general rule, I don't watch war movies because I find them so disturbing. But, because I like movies about true events, and because of the story, I forced myself to see Hacksaw Ridge. And I'm glad I did.

If you enjoy stories about humans doing self-less extraordinary things, you'll like Hacksaw Ridge, and won't forget it anytime soon. Plus the acting, and costume and set designs, are all Academy Award worthy.

Like Hidden FiguresHacksaw Ridge is a story that took way too long to tell. And I think both are well-deserving of a Best Movie nomination.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I heard about him being the only conscientious objector to ever receive the medal of honor for saving all those men! I am not a big fan of war movies, either, but I am waiting to see this one. :)