May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bad Reaction

A week ago yesterday afternoon, I received the shingles, flu, and pneumonia vaccines. By Wednesday night, I was severely sick – fever, chills, overall body ache, and major headache. It continued, with minimal improvement, for two and a half days. I was literally bedridden Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning. After getting out of bed at noon Saturday, I appeared to be back to normal. But, actually, it wasn't until today that I felt 100 percent again.

Of course I did a lot of research on all three vaccines. If the shingles shot had been the problem, there would have been a rash. The flu shot rarely causes problems and, personally, I've never had an issue with it. So that leaves the pneumonia vaccine, which has been reported to cause problems for a small percentage of recepients.

I experienced all the possible side effects of the pneumonia vaccine at full force. It really hit me hard. Looking ahead, I'm extremely concerned about getting the booster in 5-10 years. But, for now, I'm just glad to be back amoung the living!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Other people have had side effects and gotten sick and had terrible swelling at the site and pain. I'll just pass, as usual. Whew!