May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Movie Review – The Revenant

This was a tough one. Although the scenery throughout The Revenant is breathtaking to the point I found myself marveling at the wonder and beauty of nature, the movie's savagery is hard to take. In fact, I had my eyes closed at least 20-percent of the time.

But I can understand why the The Revenant has been nominated for 12 Academy Awards. It's an extraordinary film. The visual effects, the acting, the costumes, the screenwriting, and the set design were all top notch. If given the choice, I recommend seeing it in IMAX to truly appreciate the landscapes unfolding before you.

This time of year I'm on a mission to see most, if not all, of the movie nominees. We're now down to five, although I very much doubt I'll bother with Mad Max: Fury Road. I've yet to be able to sit through any of the Mad Max movies. Just not my genre.

No matter the cold, ice and snow, for me this is movie season!

1 comment:

Rita said...

I believe this is another version of the story. Man In The Wilderness was the one I saw back in the 70s and it was excellent. I am looking forward to seeing this version with DeCaprio.

You're kidding! Mad Max:Fury Road is up for an oscar?! I did see that one and wasn't much impressed. I guess I should google the listing of which pictures are nominated and actors, etc.