May 2018

May 2018

Friday, January 2, 2015

Enjoying Life Without Stress

I'm feeling so calm and at peace this morning. The holidays are over and I finished putting away all the decorations yesterday. I woke naturally at 7:28 A.M. and don't have to leave the house until 10:15 A.M. And that's for my gym class, so I'll be dressing comfortably and not putting on makeup.

Plus dinner is already planned and cooking. I soaked beans overnight for 13 Bean Chili and started the 3-hour simmer process while I waited for my morning coffee to brew. After gym class, I'll add all the other ingredients and tonight we'll have a yummy one-pot meal perfect for a cold winter's night.

And, unlike recent past years, I don't have a major trip or home remodel to research this January. This year is all about saving money and hubby building a comfortable bank of personal days. My daughter, grandson, and I are extremely excited about our January trip to Universal Orlando, but the airline tickets, park passes, and room for that adventure were decided and paid for months ago.

Before gym class, I'll pop into JoAnn's to get the three DMC threads I need for this image I purchased yesterday on Etsy. It's the perfect Valentine's Day gift for my daughter's family who are Disney Vacation Club members. Starting this cross-stitch project is my only other plan for today.

Yes, I'm truly enjoying the absence of stress this morning. I just pray it's not the "calm before the storm."


1 comment:

Rita said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. It always feels so good to have things done and out of the way...and things already in progress so you're ahead of the game. :)

I just made a 13 bean soup a few days ago! So good! I splurge and buy my favorite bean mix from bob's Red Mill.

You'll have a wonderful vacation. No storm! No storm! Just the calm. ;)