May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Entertaining Lose

Today hubby and I went to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. Hubby's a fan. I just appreciate what a good home team does for the local economy.

Hubby typically goes to one or two games a season, but I haven't been for several years. I decided I was due when we were able to purchase front row seats for half price.

We got beat, but it was an entertaining game that included back-to-back Cardinals home runs, and an impressive line-drive catch by our third baseman right in front of our seats. And hubby caught a foul ball, which he immediately gave to a young fan a few rows behind us. (Yep, he's that kind of guy.)

We also got baseball jerseys since we were two of the first 25,000 fans entering the stadium. And I found another St. Louis "birthday cake."


It was a good day and start to the second half of summer. But it's been a busy couple of days for two people who usually just chill in front of the television during R-and-R time on the weekends. Thank goodness for tomorrow, a third weekend day for just chillin'.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I'm not into sports. I went to a Twins game umpteen years ago and found baseball to be a little boring to watch and the stands were filled with foul mouthed folks I didn't really want my young son around. Hockey fans were even worse! I went to one football game--same thing. I hope it wasn't just Minnesota fans. ;)