May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spring Cleaning

Since we've been back home, I've been steadily attacking every room in the house. May was just too crazy busy for any good "spring cleaning."

So far, the boys and hobby rooms are finished, and the master bedroom is half done. This weekend I want hubby to help me dismantle the bed so I can do a thorough cleaning under and behind the bed frame. I also want to replace the bedskirt.

I'd like to eliminate the bedskirt, but I don't think that'll happen this year. I did get rid of the bedskirt in the boys room, replacing the queen bed spread with a king to fully cover the mattress and box springs. But our bed is trickier. . .hard to explain. I just wish bedspreads were longer as well as wider to accommodate extra deep mattresses with pillow tops.

I won't get all of my "spring cleaning" done before the first day of summer this Saturday, but that's alright. I'm actually looking forward to enjoying the process throughout the rest of June and July.

Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who gets a lot of pleasure out of thoroughly cleaning my home. And I especially love doing it at a leisurely pace. Yay summertime!




1 comment:

Rita said...

I, too, love cleaning and organizing...at a leisurely pace...she says with hand raised and a big grin. ;)