May 2018

May 2018

Friday, May 9, 2014

Expensive Footwear

Now that warm weather is here, I'm going through my summer wardrobe and doing more purging. Today I added four pairs of shoes to the charity bag and really should add a fifth pair.

Yesterday I took my new walking shoes around the track and today my arthritic right foot is screaming in protest. Those Propet shoes worked fine around the house, but, after yesterday, there's no way I'll ever wear them again. And now I realize the shoes I enjoy have really cost more than I thought because it takes at least two pair of shoes to find one pair that works!

The only reason I'm not adding the Propet shoes to the charity bag at this time is because I'm considering trying to sell them on eBay. Years ago I did some selling on eBay but quit after being hacked twice. Maybe it's time to take another look. I'm just not sure the payoff is worth the effort. But it sure would be nice to take less of a hit for yet another pair of shoes that failed.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I had to google those shoes to get an idea of what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, when I finally find a pair of really comfortable shoes I wear them till they are in tatters. I know you aren't supposed to do that...but I do it anyways. ;)