May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'd been purging and building piles all over the house for nearly two months. Finally, over last weekend, we started hauling everything to my daughter's house in preparation for Saturday's MS fundraiser garage sale. Hubby has a full-size truck and we filled it twice. One more load and we'll be done. The house is feeling much lighter and so am I!

Unfortunately, however, all that purging took a lot of time and I haven't done any "spring cleaning." Now it'll have to wait until after Easter.

We're hosting Easter brunch for my dad and daughter's family, so I need to do regular cleaning, shop for groceries, and cook. But before all that I need to do a lot of baking for the bake sale Elliott manages during the garage sale. And the boys and I will be decorating eggs this Thursday. This year I want to try a shaved-crayon technique.

Yep, it's a busy time, but all good. And I'm giddy looking forward to a summer without a major home renovation!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow! Now that is purging! Good for you. :)