May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Seven Out of Nine

This year we managed to see seven of the nine 2014 Academy Award movie nominees before The Oscars show. Never before have we gotten that close to seeing all the nominees. I think it will make watching The Oscars tomorrow night a lot more fun.

Today we saw The Wolf of Wall Street, three hours of Leonardo DiCaprio. Yes, it was that long and, yes, DiCaprio seemed to be on screen most of the time. But the three hours passed quickly, and DiCaprio did a great job. He really has matured into a fine actor.

Nevertheless, The Wolf of Wall Street, in my opinion, is no competition for Dallas Buyers Club. But I won't be surprised if the award goes to 12 Years a Slave. I haven't see it, yet, but that subject matter often gets the sympathy vote.

With another snow storm headed our way, Sunday night should be ideal for bundling up in front of the fireplace and watching The Oscars. And my avocados should be perfectly ripe by then for a little guacamole and chips refreshment. Now if I can just get hubby to make a run in his 4-wheel-drive truck for one of those bagged frozen Margaritas. . .


1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh my! All but one you've seen! Tonight's the night.
Truth--I usually record it so I can FF through the majority of it--LOL! But I am curious to see what to rent. ;) Well, and I do like Ellen. :)