May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The 3D Experience

In a continuing effort to see all the movies nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, today hubby and I saw our first 3D movie. At this point, it's getting harder to find a nominee in a theater. The AMC closest to us brought back Gravity for a short showing, but only in 3D. So we decided it was a good opportunity to experience 3D for ourselves.

First, the movie. The special effects were amazing as was Sandra Bullock's acting. But as much as Bullock's reaction to her situation was believable, the movie's plot was not. I believe Gravity was justly nominated for several awards, just not the one for best movie.

Now, regarding 3D. I don't believe it added anything to this movie. I definitely feel it wasn't worth the higher ticket price. Plus I found placing 3D glasses over my own glasses slightly annoying.

All in all, however, Gravity was an entertaining 91 minutes. And now we're left with just five nominees to see before the Oscar show on March 2. But unless at least four of the five become available through Amazon within the next two weeks, I don't think we're going to make it.

No comments: