May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Breaking Down Christmas

Even though the Christmas decorations have only been up three weeks, I'm itching to box it all up. So, since the job falls completely on me, I decided to start dismantling while I had some time and was in the mood. I put the stockings and their holders away, and packed up most of what was in the dining room. I'll try to hold off on the rest until New Year's Day, but I'm eager to get it done.

This is the first year I've felt this way. I think it's because, for most of this year, so much of my house was a mess due to the kitchen remodel. I had just gotten things back to normal when it was time to decorate for Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas.

I do some decorating for Valentine's Day mostly because it's my oldest grandson's birthday. But it's nothing like what happens for the fall holidays and Christmas. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy decorating for holidays. It's just that, this year, I need my tidy home back!


1 comment:

Rita said...

I do think it is because of the crazy chaos of the remodel! No doubt. :)