May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Milestone

Today is my 62 birthday. So weird. My parents should be 62, not me!

But the sad truth is we're all aging. My 83-year-old dad visited today and had a rough time going down to and coming up from the basement to see Jonah's new play room. Fact is, every time I see dad, I'm more skeptical about him doing the international traveling he talks about. Dad wouldn't travel as long as mom was alive, and now it may be too late.

This only reinforces my belief that I have, at the most, only 15 more good travel years. And, by good travel years, I mean trips with my hubby who's been my travel partner for over 40 years. I'm really not interested in traveling with anyone else.

So hubby and I both need to stay healthy and get more fit. We also need to be on the look out for travel bargains to stretch our budget.

One way or another, I'm determined to make the most of our remaining healthy years. Despite the aches and pains that come with aging, we are a couple of 62-year-olds ready for adventure!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, travel while you can! My life suddenly changed so drastically...so early. You never know how things will go, so do it now. Enjoy! Seize the day! Hope you had a special day!! :)