May 2018

May 2018

Friday, September 20, 2013

Numb3rs

Today I finished all six seasons of the television series Numb3rs that ran from 2005 to 2010. The acting was possibly the worse I've ever seen. And every episode included an annoying droning noise in the background. So why did I watch all 113 episodes?

Mainly because I liked the idea of the family dynamic of the three main characters. The oldest brother is a FBI agent who solicits the help of his mathematician brother to help solve cases. The genius younger brother still lives with their dad who's maintained a home, after the death of his wife, that both brothers still enjoy.

I also liked getting an insight into the world of mathematics in a prestigious university albeit a fictitious one. I'm always intrigued by how individuals with superior minds manage in a world of average.

It's really too bad better actors weren't chosen for a drama with refreshingly likable relationships. But Numb3rs ran for six seasons so I suppose most viewers didn't mind or recognize the bad acting and annoying background noise. For me, Numb3rs did prove that, to survive, a show's concept is secondary to the characters.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I don't think I could get past the bad acting--LOL! I tried to watch it when it was first on but some shows just have too many negatives--and numbers do count.
Sorry--couldn't resist the pun. ;)