May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kitchen Update and Start of School

This week it seems work on the kitchen is moving at a snail's pace. I think it's because I thought the cabinets could be installed in one day. But, as Jonah would say, "No way!"

Walls were primed with one
coat of final wall color.
Monday was dedicated to priming the walls and moving plumbing, so no cabinet installation that day. But now we're in day three of cabinet installation and I doubt it will be completed today. Absolutely nothing is going as quickly as it does on HGTV!

And, to add to this week's fun, school started on Tuesday. First there was the fiasco of bus transportation not being aware Elliott needed to be picked up and dropped off at our house. So, I've been doing parent drop-off and pick-up the last two days, which is more time-consuming then one would imagine because of the large number of students who don't ride the buses. Then, today, I'm entertaining Jonah and am extremely doubtful we'll have a successful nap time with all the kitchen activity.

Oh, and the new kitchen table was delivered yesterday with some weird imperfections on the top. Fortunately, however, Restoration Hardware did a follow-up call and will be sending a new table in 7-10 days. Thankfully, another example of good customer service!

And, on another positive note, we were finally able to uncover and put back the furniture in the family room last night. Watching our 40" flat screen, again, from the comfort of our couches was just the lift we needed!


1 comment:

Rita said...

I am behind reading blogs, so I hope maybe the cabinets have started to appear upon the walls by now?

So did Restoration Hardware have the first table picked up? I hope the next one is perfect!

Nothing like a comfortable evening with your big screen TV for a pick me up!

I hope the bus thing got worked out and this coming week will go much more smoothly. :) :)