May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Busy Couple of Days

The last couple of days have been full of activity. Yesterday, I met the kitchen and interior designers at Global Granite and Marble to pick out the new kitchen's countertop. Global is a huge warehouse with rows and rows of large granite and marble slabs. After walking through the warehouse twice, and having several slabs moved for better viewing, I chose Colonial Gold granite. It has multiple warm tones as well as some veins of silver to compliment our stainless steel hardware and appliances.

Now we have the floor tiles, sink, cabinets (on order), and granite slabs. We also found the white tile for the backsplash at Global. It's a regular stock item, so the contractor will just purchase it when we're ready for that step. I've also chosen the cabinet and drawer pulls, which I'll be buying from Lowe's. Plus I've decided on shutters for the window treatment.

It's a huge relief to have made the three (floor, cabinets, and countertop) major decisions regarding the new kitchen. But now that we're also making headway on the smaller decisions, I'm finally beginning to feel less stressed and more excited.

But, this morning, it was definitely time to take a break from kitchen planning, so I met my daughter and grandson at the movie theater to see Despicable Me 2. It was laugh-out-loud funny for seven-year-old Elliott, but only slightly entertaining for the adults. For sure, after two animated movies in just three weeks, I've had my fill of PG films for awhile.

Instead, the highlight of my day was going to Archiver's after the movie to take advantage of their Fourth of July sale. My biggest purchase was the Cinch Bindery Tool that I'd been eying for well over a year. This weekend Archiver's is selling it at a 40% discount, so I decided today was the day. Especially since there was the added incentive of a free pack of 12"x12" designer paper with any purchase over $40.

Cinch Bindery Tool
I also made some smaller purchases. I got two large wood-block stamps and two cling-mount stamp packs, which were reduced 25% plus buy one get one free. And, using my email coupon for 40% off one full-price item, I got a 12"x12" paper pad of Graphic 45
Happy Haunting. I was thrilled to find the Happy Haunting paper because it's my favorite Graphic 45 line to date and no longer being produced.

Graphic 45 Happy Haunting
Yes, it's been a busy couple of days and the fun continues. Tomorrow we're going to my daughter's house for a barbecue where we can watch local fireworks from their driveway. Then, since Jim's working Friday, I plan to spend that day doing a lot of crafting.

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July everyone!



No comments: