May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day Trip to Grant's Farm

My daughter and I took the boys to Grant's Farm today. It was humid and sunny, but could have been much worse. We all had a good time, although. . .

After Jonah saw the box turtles,
he wasn't as upset about having
to leave the boa constrictor. 
To my horror, Jonah is clearly a reptile lover. Whenever he's near a snake, turtle, or iguana, for example, he practically has to be pulled away. Today he got to pet a boa constrictor and box turtle. The look on his face was one you see on someone cuddling a puppy or kitten!

And then there are the changes that come with being a 7-year-old boy. Elliott refused to go on the merry-go-round because all the animals looked too "girlie."

Feeding the goats
is a popular attraction.


Plus, all day, both boys kept talking over each other, trying to monopolize grandma's attention. And, of course, there was the "I want to sit next to grandma! No, I want to sit next to grandma!" But you know I loved that ;)

All in all, it was a fun outing and I look forward to the next one.

1 comment:

Rita said...

LOL! Tell Jonah I like lots and lots of reptiles (and amphibians), too. A toad, tree frog, or gecko can melt me the same as a kitten or puppy. ;) Sounds like it was a really good grandma day! :):)