May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Howdy Doody Christmas

Howdy Doody
(Over 60 years old.)
As long as I can remember, my parents always hung a cardboard Howdy Doody on their Christmas tree.  I honestly don't know why, but of all their possessions, it was the only thing I wanted when dad asked. Unfortunately, however, dad had already given it to my brother, who had no idea how much I wanted it, too.

I guess Kevin felt badly about me not having Howdy Doody, also, so last night he surprised me with a special Christmas present.  He had found and purchased the exact same Howdy Doody on ebay!

It's been a long time since I received a completely unexpected Christmas gift.  Howdy Doody and my brother have made Christmas 2012 one to remember.  Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Now that was just the perfect gift!! What an awesome brother. :)

We never had a Howdy Doody ornament, but I sure remember watching the show on TV! :)