May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let the Holidays Begin!

Today we took our oldest grandson, Elliott, to the Peabody Opera House to see the Rockettes's Christmas Spectacular.  It was a rare treat.  I'm not aware the Rockettes, as we know them, have ever included St. Louis on any of their tours.  Even though, according to Wikipedia, the group was founded in St. Louis!

The last time I saw the Rockettes was in 1969 during my high school senior trip to New York City. However, I didn't really see them then because I fell asleep.  It was a fast-paced packed trip and I was a teenager who needed a lot of sleep.  I, along with many others, took advantage of the dark theater for a much needed nap.

But today I enjoyed the Rockettes's entire performance with eyes wide open. Professional dancers always amaze me, and each of the many different sets were, in a word, spectacular.  It was a great performance!

Elliott outside the St. Louis Peabody Opera House.

(FYI, more images have been added to DGPaperdesigns.)


No comments: