May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted!

Voting in the United States is still so frustrating.  I arrived at our poll at 8:30 A.M. and found no line. That is until I moved to the touch-screen area where I joined an extremely slow-moving queue.  And that's when I noticed there were nine paper stations and only three touch-screen stations.  But that was only part of the problem.

It boggles the mind that most people show up at the polls not familiar with the ballot.  If everyone would simply familiarize themselves beforehand, we all could vote in relatively no time at all.

I stood in line for 20 minutes and, during that time, touch-screen voters were taking an average of five full minutes to cast their votes.  But, because I reviewed the online sample ballot over the weekend, it took me barely a minute.

It's so ridiculous that, in the future, I'll seriously consider submitting an absentee ballot well in advance of election day.

No comments: