May 2018

May 2018

Friday, November 2, 2012

All's Well That Ends Well

Yesterday we signed the papers and today the money was wired to our checking account. After nearly 25 years, we are no longer small business owners.

I've been happy about the decision from the beginning, but I did experience a little anxiety just before the meeting at our lawyer's office yesterday afternoon.  It was similar to how I felt when each of my children went off to college, and when my son moved to South Korea.  It makes perfect sense.  After all, we have been growing a small business for the past 2.5 decades.  And, as with our children, we are proud of our success.

But, today, I'm feeling giddily happy.  Seeing the money in our account this morning was the turning point.  For the first time in our lives, retirement within just a few years is possible.



No comments: