May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy First Day of Fall!

It's the first day of fall 2012 and the weather in Missouri is perfect.  The description on accuweather.com is "Mostly sunny and cooler."  I'm hoping this is what heaven is like every day of the year.  Although I won't mind a dark rainy day once or twice a month, too.

Thank goodness for today's beautiful weather because it's keeping me from getting depressed.  I weigh myself on Saturday mornings and the scale hasn't budged for several weeks.  I've been diligently counting calories for two months with the help of Loseit.com, but have only lost five pounds.  So what now?

To lose a recommended one pound a week, according to Loseit.com, I can eat 1429 calories.  Since that doesn't seem to be working, I just edited my plan to lose 1.5 pounds a week.  But because that drops my calories below 1200, I got a warning that the National Institute of Health recommends women eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day.

So I decided to check Loseit.com's numbers by searching "how much can I eat per day."  That lead me to the American Cancer Society's Calorie Counter Calculator.  According to the ACS I can eat 2705 calories a day to maintain my current weight.  What!?!

Seriously, when I'm not in losing mode, I doubt I ever get anywhere near 2000 calories a day. And before you say I probably just don't realize it, let me tell you I do.  I've been counting calories long enough that, even without recording them, I have a good idea of how much I'm eating.

I'll be getting my thyroid tested next week.  But if thyroid disease is not the reason I can't lose, I suppose my only option is to just keep counting calories.  At least I'm not feeling deprived or starved these days.  Right now I just see food as a necessary evil, keeping me from my best self.  Probably not a good view point, but that's where I am.

At least I can take my walks these days without dripping in sweat.  I love fall!




No comments: