May 2018

May 2018

Monday, August 6, 2012

20 in 20

I've decided to lose 20 pounds.  I haven't been that small in over 10 years.  But, according to LoseIt.com, I should be able to drop 20 pounds by December 24 if I stick to 1462 calories a day.  As I see it, in order to reach my goal, I have two major hurdles to overcome.

First, I may have hypothyroidism, which causes weight gain.  My mom and brother have it and, during my June physical, the doctor noted some tenderness.  I'm having it checked in late September when blood is drawn to also see if the new statin I'm testing works with no side-effects.  But, honestly, I'll be surprised if I have hypothyroidism because I have no other symptoms associated with the disease.

My other hurdle will be sticking to 1462 calories a day while traveling.  Currently, we're still hoping to visit my nephew in Paris this November.  No way will I stick to a low-calorie diet while in the City of Light.  My favorite memories of our last Paris trip are the amazing meals we had.  But, because Paris is such a walkable city, a person can get away with a few extra calories.

Besides, if I stick to the game plan and don't have hypothyroidism, I should already be down nearly 15 pounds by late November.  So, if a Thanksgiving trip ends up pushing my goal date to sometime in January, that's not a problem.

Game on!

No comments: